If saving the planet isn’t enough incentive to reduce your energy consumption how about saving some money?! Electricity is already expensive but with add on petrol and food prices continually increasing it is really worthwhile to try and save every cent where ever you can.
So here are 7 small ways you can reduce your electricity usage in the home:
1. Adjust your hot-water geyser to a lower setting (55 – 60 degrees is sufficient) and remember to switch it off when you go on holiday.
2. Rather shower than bath. It uses less hot water and therefore less electricity.
3. Switch to more energy efficient light bulbs.
4. Make a habit of turning the light off before you leave a room.
5. Don’t use dishwashers and washing machines until you have a full load.
6. If you are going to use the oven, try to use it for more than one dish.
7. Keep your freezer full – it uses less energy than one that is half empty.
For a more detailed explanation on how to be more reduce electricity usage in the home check out this website.